Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Great Fresh Salmon

Most of the salmon we have in Florida is "farm fresh" and not "wild" salmon. There is evidence that "farm fresh" may not be that good for you. We are looking for Omega 3 not Omega 6. I went online and found 2 Sisters Alaska Seafood. The web site is 2sistersalaskaseafood.com. I ordered the seafood sampler special and it arrived overnight Fedex (free overnight on 8lbs. or more). The salmon we ate tonight was fabulous. Also, cooked quick cooking barley in chicken broth using the recipe on the box. Another in the amazing grain family. Looking for a great sauce for salmon. Any ideas?

1 comment:

  1. See the braised salmon recipe that I posted a few weeks ago, Janine. It's yummy and quick. I don't actually use the marinade--just squeeze a bit of lemon and do salt and pepper and let sit while I make the sauce.

    We are big fans of Costco's frozen wild salmon. We had the braised salmon recipe last night.

    E.

    ReplyDelete